These are cookies which are strictly necessary for our website to be able to operate or to provide you with a service on our website which you have requested. Session cookies last for as long as you keep your browser open and expire when you close your browser.
The following session cookies are used on our website:
- ASP.NET_SessionId - General purpose platform session cookie, used by sites written with Miscrosoft .NET based technologies. Usually used to maintain an anonymised user session by the server.
- UMB_UCONTEXT - These are backend specific cookies. They are only seen by site administrators accessing the back end of the website. They are used in maintaining the session state of the logged in user.
- UMB_UCONTEXT_C, UMB_XSRF-V, UMB_XSFR-TOKEN - These cookies are used to prevent cross-site scripting attacks for your safety
- __RequestVerificationToken - Cookie in ASP.NET Razor Pages is a mechanism designed to prevent possible Cross Site Request Forgery attacks, also referred to by the acronyms XSRF and CSRF. It’s part of the Contact Form.
These are any cookies that do not fall within the definition of essential cookies, such as cookies used to analyse your behaviour on a website (‘analytical’ cookies).
- CookieControl - used to display and manage the settings of the cookie pop-up when first visiting the website (Expires after 3 months)
We use Google Analytics cookies on our website. Google Analytics cookies help us understand how you engage and interact with our website, including how you came to our website, which pages you visited, for how long and what you clicked on, your location (based on your IP address).
The Google Analytics cookies used on our website are: _ga; _gat; and _gid. The _ga cookie is a persistent cookie, whilst the _gat and _gid cookies are session cookies. The persistent cookies expire after 2 years.
The information we collect using analytical cookies is collected on an anonymised basis.
How to accept or reject cookies
There are a number of different ways in which you can accept or reject some or all cookies and similar technologies. Some of the main methods of doing so are described below.
You are welcome to block the use of some or all of the cookies we use on our website. However, please be aware that doing so may impair our website and its functionality or may even render some or all of it unusable.
You can find more detailed information about cookies and adjusting your browser settings by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org